ETHICS & WHISTLEBLOWER INFORMATION
Our Global Ethics and Compliance Program serves to educate all VF associates about our stance on ethical business conduct. Our goal is to ensure that all associates have the necessary tools available to report questionable conduct and feel comfortable doing so without fearing retaliation.
For more Ethics & Whistleblower information, please visit our Ethics page
For General, PR and/or Brand inquiries regarding VF Corporation, please visit our Contact page
COMMUNICATING WITH THE BOARD
The Board of Directors believes that management speaks for VF Corporation ("VF"). Individual Board members may, from time to time, communicate with various constituencies that are involved with the Company, but it is expected that Board members would do this with knowledge of communication procedures and, in most instances, only at the request of management.
Below is an overview of our communication policy. To view the full policy, please download our Communication Policy.
- What’s the appropriate method of communicating with the Board?
Communications to the Directors must be in writing and sent via Certified Mail in care of VF’s legal department to VF's headquarters address.
- Am I owed anything after sending a communication?
VF's acceptance and forwarding of a communication to the Board or any member, or members, of the Board does not imply that the Directors owe or assume any fiduciary duty to the individual submitting the communication, all such duties being only as prescribed by applicable law.
- What kind of communication is not appropriate to send?
The following types of communications are not appropriate for delivery to Directors under these procedures:
- Communications regarding individual grievances or other interests that are personal to the party submitting the communication and could not reasonably be construed to be of concern to stockholders or other constituencies of VF (such as employees, members of the communities in which VF operates its businesses, customers and suppliers) generally;
- Communications that advocate VF's engaging in illegal activities;
- Communications that, under community standards, contain offensive, scurrilous or abusive content; and
- Communications that have no rational relevance to the business or operations of VF.
All communications must be accompanied by the following information:
- If the person submitting the communication is a stockholder, a statement of the type and amount of shares of VF that the person holds;
- If the person submitting the communication is not a stockholder and is submitting the communication to the non-management Directors as an interested party, the nature of the person's interest in VF;
- Any special interest, meaning an interest not in the capacity of a stockholder of VF, of the person in the subject matter of the communication; and
- The address, telephone number and e-mail address, if any, of the person submitting the communication.
VF's legal department shall designate one or more of its personnel to assume responsibility for receipt and processing of communications to Directors.
Our General Counsel or Legal Department will review all incoming stockholder communications (except for mass mailings, product complaints or inquiries, job inquiries, business solicitations and patently offensive or otherwise inappropriate material) and, if appropriate, route such communications to the appropriate member(s) of the Board or, if none is specified, to the Chairman of the Board.
The personnel responsible for receiving and processing the communications shall review each communication to determine whether:
- The communication satisfies the procedural requirements for submission under these procedures; and
- The substance of the communication is of a type that is appropriate for delivery to the Directors under the criteria set forth in paragraph (3) above.
If a communication does not conform to the requirements of these procedures, the communication shall be returned to the person submitting the communication, together with a brief explanation of the defect(s).
If a communication is not presented to the Directors because the personnel responsible for receiving and processing the communications deems that it is not appropriate for delivery to the Directors under these procedures, that communication will nonetheless be made available to any Director who wishes to review it.
In most cases where stockholders wish to communicate directly with our non-management directors, messages can be sent to:
c/o Corporate Secretary, VF Corporation
P.O. Box 13919
Denver, Colorado 80201
The VF Ethics Helpline, an independent toll-free service: 1-866-492-3370 (US); for other countries or to report online, view VF Ethics & Compliance (available seven days a week, 24 hours a day)